Building a purpose-driven online business is the most exciting and fulfilling job in the world. With an online business, you can make a difference in the world!
I still remember the first time I was introduced to email (that was still brand new at the time and my university was one of the first in the world to roll it out for students). The potential of digital communication just blew my mind. And ever since, I've simply loved the possibilities that the global internet has to offer, especially for us online entrepreneurs!
If you are a changemaker, someone who wants to make the world a better place, then there's never been a better time than now to make a truly global impact with your business idea!
Hi, my name is Paulien and I am a business coach for sustainable entrepreneurs and changemakers. I have over 17 years of experience in growing 8-figure global online businesses, an MSc in business and entrepreneurship training from Harvard Business School, and it is my passion to help entrepreneurs grow their businesses, so their brands can change the world 💚.
And this is what I know about YOU:
You started your business because you had a purpose. A big idea. A dream. A unique new way to make the world a better place.
You are so passionate about what you do and still new to the online world. You know being online offers so many opportunities, but the whole thing is so overwhelming at times.
You've been working really hard to take your business off the ground. Doing #allthethings so to say. But it is WAY harder than you imagined!
You know you should get more visible in Google and on Social Media, but you have no idea where to start and you feel overwhelmed by all the platforms, algorithms and options.
And honestly, getting visible is a bit scary, and you hate feeling salesy!
Maybe you even have doubts about your business? “Will this ever take off?” “Maybe I should quit and go back to having a job” “Why is this so HARD?”
That’s where I come in! I am a business coach & social media expert and I help sustainable entrepreneurs and changemakers who are overwhelmed by the online world grow their businesses. Entrepreneurs like you who are ready to get visible and take their businesses off the ground, so they can make a true impact with what they do. Entrepreneurs for whom building a business is about so much more than making money!
So why would I be the business coach you are looking for?
- Because I’ve been where you are right now, and I’ve also been where you want to go. Twice! Because I've grown a global online business to $100 million in annual sales from scratch. And I will share everything I've learned over the past 17 years with you in a unique combination of strategy, action taking and personal growth.
- And I also know what it feels like to struggle. The frustrations. The doubts. The sleepless nights. I was there when my second business failed, and boy it wasn't pretty. I wish I'd had someone by my side when I was in that place and that's one of the big reasons why I do what I do now!
- I am passionate about making an impact and helping others make an impact. That's what drives me, more than "just" making money or growing a 6 or 7 or 8-figure business. I truly care for my clients, their businesses and the planet.
- The struggles of getting visible are very familiar to me. I hate being in the spotlight, I hate(d) seeing myself on video. When I started this business, becoming the face of my business was a huge obstacle for me. But I overcame it, because I knew that that is what is needed in order to make a real impact in the world. And you know that too, if you are reading this page!
- I have an Msc in business and Entrepreneurship training from Harvard Business School (IQ), and I am a real people person (EQ).
- TL, DR: I have over 17 years of experience as a CEO of online businesses. I have seen the highs and lows of entrepreneurship. I am passionate about changing the world through entrepreneurship. I am a bit camera shy like you, so I understand and overcame those struggles. And I have entrepreneurship training from the best business school in the world!
My journey through the online world
Still want to learn some more about me? Here's my story!
As a child, I wanted to be a psychologist. And a mathematician. And study languages. Multipassionate yes yes. Because I loved helping people, I loved analytic challenges and I loved the sounds of languages. I chose Industrial Engineering & Management Science. A safe choice, but in hindsight also a bit of a compromise.
After I got my Master’s I embarked on the typical path of a high-achieving business graduate: management trainee, manager, CEO of a fast growing internet business.
So when Social Media wasn’t even a thing (can you even imagine that??), I built my first online business. From scratch. I was the CEO for a brand new business owned by 30 European rail and ferry companies selling their famous Eurail and Interrail passes to people from all over the world. It grew and grew and it reached over $100 million in sales and about 100 people in staff in 2015.
Was I happy? In the beginning stages, yes absolutely. I LOVED the team I built and everything related to global online business. But when the company grew, I had to spend more time on procedures and reporting, then on what I love to do, which is work with people and come up with new business ideas! But who quits a successful job as a CEO, right?
After years of doubt, I decided to take the plunge and started a new business with 2 former colleagues. And then, I made ONE huge mistake. Fast forward: I lost that business and my life savings, all of it within a short few months.
I felt so disillusioned. So alone. And my confidence was GONE. How could I, as a successful CEO, having built a huge online global business, get to the point where I had no money and no job? I just sat at home and binge-watched Netflix for 4 months in a row. It.was.not.pretty.
Then I decided that is was time for me to make a change. I needed to stop feeling sorry for myself, stop feeling frustrated and start over again. If anything, this experience had made me stronger, not weaker! As Richard Branson says: don’t be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and try again!
This time, I wanted to follow my purpose. To do what I was meant to do, which is helping changemakers like you grow their businesses, so we together as entrepreneurs can make the world a better place. So I started my coaching business!
There was 1 thing that I underestimated. And that is that I needed to become visible, that I needed to sell myself! Because even though I’d been a successful CEO, I’d always been scared of showing myself, scared of networking. And most of all of public speaking and doing VIDEO. I’d been lucky because I had a marketing team and an advertising budget. But this time, I was by myself and I did not have a budget!
So I committed to showing up daily, committed to steadily establishing my online presence. I took courses, read everything there is to read, applied everything I knew, became visible, created my offers and clients started coming in.
And today, I have a business I LOVE! That allows me to use everything I’ve learned in the past 18 years plus my passion for people and number crunching! I run two wonderful Facebook Groups with over 2,000 members, and I no longer struggle with being visible and finding potential clients. And I am SO excited to help you achieve the same thing.
So if you are ready to make that change too, to show up every day in your business and to turn your purpose into profits, then I would love to help you achieve that through my coaching programs!
What others say about working with me
Fun Facts about me
What I do when I am not working...
Lover of anything new (meeting new people, reading new books, trying new things, traveling)
I am an avid egalitarian, and a bit of a feminist too.
In my free time, I love to spend time with my friends and family. I have 2 kids, Hidde (7) and Rosalieke (10).
I love running and boxing, but my relationship with exercise is a rocky one…
I am a registered MBTI coach and can talk about personality types forever!